Welcome to our Troubleshooting section focused on Sunu Band, here you will find useful information and troubleshooting tips that will help you understand a little more on Sunu Band, and in case you experience issues with your device you know what to do.
Sunu Band usage
- The Sunu Band does not have a Turn-Off button. Instead, when pressing the Home Button, after a few minutes of inactivity the Sunu Band will enter into a Battery Saving Mode.
- Do not use liquid or aerosol cleaning agents, thinners, abrasive or corrosive materials on your Sunu Band, use a damp cloth to wipe off any dirt or marks when needed.
- Do not store near heat sources such as radiators, cookers, etc.
- Do not attempt to open up your SUNU band. Opening up the product will invalidate the warranty.
- Weather conditions: It’s recommended not to use the Sunu Band outdoors when (Negative) -10 º Celsius. (14 º Fahrenheit). You may still be able to use it, but the life span of the batter might decrease.
Note: When wearing jackets and sleeves, be sure the sonar sensor makes direct contact with your skin when wearing a jacket and remains uncovered by clothing when in Obstacle Detection mode
Sunu Band Specs
The wristband is composed of plastic and metal components. All of them are hypoallergenic and safe for daily use:
- Silicon watch straps 20mm wide.
- ABS base mount.
- TPE surface mount.
- Stainless steel ultrasonic sensor housing.
- Stainless steel strap buckle.
Wrist size / Strap size
– Upper side: 5 cm. (2 in).
– Lower side: 6cm. (2.3 in).
– 10 cm. Long. (4 in).
– 2 cm. Wide. (0.8 in).
What to do when experiencing issues with the Sunu Band?
The battery does not hold the charge
If your device does not take charge seems unresponsive when plugged to the power, we will need to diagnose if the USB port or the battery is causing this, to do so, follow the steps below:
- Use a different charging cord.
- Plug your device in a different electrical outlet.
- Be sure it’s tightly connected when you plug it in.
- Verify that your Sunu Band battery level is taking charge and is connected to your smartphone.
If you keep experiencing issues after following the steps previously mentioned, contact us at email@example.com
Verify that the life span of the device corresponds to the usage; the battery can last from 5 hours to up to 3 days depending on the amount of use. The Sunu Band must be put into Battery Saving Mode by pressing the Home Button when it’s not in use. Otherwise, the battery will be drained using the Bluetooth if you pause it from the double-tap gesture. If you notice unusual behavior, please revise the Firmware Issues Section of this guide.
Notes: Utilizing the Double Tap Gesture will not turn off your device, instead, it’ll remain in a stand by status waiting for you to operate it.
Battery discharging too quickly
If battery discharges to quickly, be sure that you press the Home Button when Sunu Band is not going to be in use for a certain period of time, additionally, try reinstalling the firmware on your Sunu Band to discard any firmware error.
Sonar sensor is not detecting objects while in Obstacle Detection mode
Steps to diagnosing what is causing the error
When Sonar Mode is enabled, regardless of the range selected, the Sunu Band must sense any obstacle or object when in front of the sensor, to diagnose what might be causing the problem, do the following:
- Verify that your Sunu Band vibrates when accessing a different app, e. g., watch feature, Compass App, or any other function.
- Check out the battery level is above 50%.
- Press the Home Button, followed by the Navigate button to activate the sonar mode.
- Place your hand in front of the sonar sensor, the Sunu Band should start vibrating by the time your hand reaches the sonar range.
If you replicated the issue and the sonar sensor does not trigger any vibration, yet you can access the menu and other apps with no problem, proceed by reinstalling the firmware from the Sunu Band. Please refer to the Reinstall Firmware section of this guide. If the Sunu Band responds (Emits vibrations) when opening any app, e.i. the watch or battery levels after the reinstallation. Then, we can diagnose that the Sonar Sensor somehow got disconnected or damaged and the unit shall the replaced, contact us via email to evaluate & validate the Warranty of your device.
Sonar Mode switching OFF Unexpectedly
When in Obstacle Detection Mode suddenly switches OFF. 1) Verify that gestures remain OFF in Gestures enlisted from the Apps tab.
Note: Gestures may suddenly make the sonar go off due to the sensitivity of the sensor inside of the Sunu Band.
If the device keeps switching off randomly, please press and hold both buttons on one side for five seconds to reboot your device, you’ll sense quick succession of vibrations followed by a pause, then a long vibration indicating you that the Sunu Band is ready to use.
If the problem persists, please reinstall the firmware on your Sunu Band. Please revise the Firmware Issues Section of this guide.
Users will require time to learn and adapt to the vibrations, please refer to our online mobility guide to learn about how to use the sensor or contact us for further and personal assistance.
You may adjust the distance and detection area from the Obstacle Detection available on Sunu App.
You may adjust the distance and the sensitivity at the lowest by sliding to the left on the slide bars located on the Obstacle Detection option.
You can also verify that the adjustments are being adapted to your instructions by hitting the button Restore Defaults.
If the Sunu Band starts making “strange sounds” when vibrating. Please try adjusting the vibrations through the Sunu App to notice any difference. Following the Soft Reset procedure is highly recommended. (Pressing and holding the buttons on one side for a few seconds, please refer to Reboot your Sunu Band section to read in detail). If Sunu Band continues to rattle, please proceed to contact us. The component that produces the vibrations might be damaged and shall only be replaced by Sunu engineers.
If the charging port located on the bottom side on the Sunu Bands breaks, softens, cracks, is loose please proceed to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to validate your Warranty.
Note: Sunu warranty does not cover problems or damage resulting from (1) accident, abuse, misapplication, or any unauthorized repair, modification or disassembly; (2) improper operation or maintenance, usage not in accordance with product instructions.
Sunu Band cases split up (Black and blue covers)
The Sunu Band’s build is made of two main cases: Black upper case (Touchpad) and the blue case. Because they’re glued. In case they split up. Contact our Customer Success Team for further assistance.
Reboot your Sunu Band
You may reboot your Sunu Band when you notice any unusual reaction on your device, it fixes issues caused by the firmware. Please follow the instructions below:
Press both buttons on one side of the Sunu Band for five seconds, until a quick succession of vibration indicates that the unit is being reset. (Home and Navigation button). The whole process may take about 40-50 seconds. When the process has been finished, the Sunu Band will emit a long vibration indicating that the process has ended. Shortly after, the Sunu Band may be tested again.
Note: Naturally, when your device restarts, you need to calibrate your Sunu Band once again.
Reinstalling firmware on Sunu Band
When your device presents errors when performing any function, you may perform this only if instructed by someone from the Sunu team, as your device might brick.
Please follow the instructions down below:
- Make sure the Sunu Band is fully charged or above 50%.
- Open up your Sunu App and go to the third tab from the left called More.
- Once inside, select the option that reads Sunu Band Settings.
- At the bottom of the screen, locate the option that reads as App Version. Tab and hold on that option until you hear an alert message coming up.
- Select the option Continue and bring the Sunu Band right next to the smartphone. Once the update is completed you may start using the Sunu Band all over again.
Notes: In case an error message comes up when trying to proceed with the reinstallation of the firmware, please log out and log in again. You must recalibrate the Sunu Band after this procedure if you wish you use GPS Navigation or Compass Services.
We will always be there for you, if you experience any difficulty with your device or app. Please do reach out to us through the tab Help from your Sunu App.